Saturday, October 6, 2012

First time for everything....

Soooooo- this is my first time writing in my fresh new space...kinda feels like I am back in high school going to the prom for the first time..you know...lots of expectations that typically fall apart...
So pay no attention to any grammatical errors  you see....remember this is for entertainment purposes...

So I will begin with my day....  With all the stuff going on at work all the time, my workouts typically happen at odd hours- but they are really important to me, so whatever time it is, it is...
I organized to meet a friend of mine for an early saturday am run...and by early, I mean about 515am- did I mention on a saturday morning? But whatever- i needed to get  in a long run and was not about to take any time away from the tiny humans- especially since its Mia's 5th bday weekend-- so 5am it was. Not that unusual for me, but after a long week-- the SATURDAY 5am in theory was super annoying.... but low and behold- i got it completed before my body actually knew what the f**k happened-- which just reinforced for me once again as to why I like to do this at the crack of dawn-- before I realize I am tired, sore, bored, whatever--- its already done!  So it was an enjoyable time with a friend and we kicked our own asses-- good way to begin the weekend:) CHECK. 
I have this half marathon in a few weeks and typically I would go out and just do the 13 on race day, no problem after only minimal "training"- but for some reason I am obsessed with running this one FASTER-- and probably part of the reason is that I have been running like sh*t all summer and I am sick and quite frankly tired of underperforming this many times in a row...its annoying.  So anyhoo..that is why I am on a mission-- I need to prove to myself that I can still kick the speed into gear a bit.  Which is interesting b/c I am probably more fit overall than I have been since I was 20, but these last few months have been plaguing me with the "just not good enough" race times I have had in the civilian military combine, tough mudder, and 4 triathalons I completed this summer- so again- ANNOYING.  

In other more important news-- my kid turns 5 on Monday....seriously???? I cannot believe that its been that long-- I certainly have more crows feet and some stretch marks to prove it actually happened- but the cliche is true-- and I won't repeat it, but you know what it is...
and I am quite proud to say that for 5 years strong- I have avoided the annoying-20kid-bday party.  In fact- we have had less than 10 people at her bday each year so far-- just family and 1-2 friends.  Its awesome actually- because in long island- bday parties are king and everyone competes for who had the best "goodie bag" or best entertainment at the party-- I say...who cares!!! They are kids-- how about a slice, a scoop of vanilla and see ya at school!!! The bday party thing is out of control here but I will save that rant for another day.... regardless- she will have a spectacularly special day and I dont need 15 other kids to give it to her. And I am so proud of the little lady she is becoming:)

 Each day that goes by I just hope that I am teaching her how to be a good, kind human being--- that is during the moments that I am not  guilt ridden for missing stuff all the time thanks to work-- but I also hope that it shows her that working really hard and trying your best all the time matters- and makes a difference..and your job is important so you better give it all you have and be lucky to have it. And despite lots of people's opinion- I am convinced that you simply cannot have it all in this crazy world...it doesn't exist--so I sleep better at night knowing that I am not chasing some dream that I am just a little short of reaching each night....I lay down knowing that I did all I could for that given day..and that is a hell of a lot more than most...so I sleep pretty well...

....alright...and that brings my first official blog to a close....disjointed, probably.  
DB

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging!! :) Hope you enjoy it!
    Can I give you one suggestion? I know you probably love your blog already since it's yours, but it's kinda hard to read the white writing on red background.. just something to think about! :)

    ReplyDelete